In Germany general obligatory insurance has been in place since April 1, 2007. That means that one must be insured, if one
- is an employee,
- and earns more than 450 € per month.
The contribution rate is uniform across the country. The contribution one must pay for statutory health insurance is calculated as a percentage of one’s gross salary.
As of January 1, 2015 this amounts to 15.3% of the gross salary (employee: 8.0%, employer: 7.3%). Contributions are only calculated up to 4350.00 € per month.
The funds are paid into a health fund. This fund distributes the money to the health insurers.
Statutory health insurance companies, which do not receive enough money from the health fund, can require an auxiliary contribution of their members.
The two different health insurance systems in Germany
- Statutory health insurance is regulated by the German state. In principle one’s family is co-insured by statutory insurance free of charge.
- One may contract a private health insurance plan only in certain cases; for example, if one’s salary exceeds a certain amount (2017: 57.600 € per year). In private insurance each family member is insured separately.
Contributions to a private health insurance plan depend on one’s risk profile, thus age and state of health. Risk impacts and benefit exclusions are possible.
Private insurance plans are not always better. In each case you should compare the pros and cons of both systems thoroughly.
The employees of Audi BKK will gladly help you.
The benefits of statutory health insurance
With statutory health insurance one receives an insurance card, which is to be submitted with each physician or hospital visit.
Specific features of Audi BKK
Audi BKK offers all benefits of statutory health insurance. Your needs and wishes are our main concern.
What does Audi BKK offer for you?
- Audi BKK offers you an individual contact person: www.audibkk.de.
- Audi BKK offers an attractive bonus program "AktivFit“: 120 € for a member and an accompanying family member.
- Audi BKK supports prevention courses at the high rate of 180 € per year
- Audi BKK offers a special health week “Gesundheitswoche” supported with 175 €.
- Audi BKK pays expenses for protective inoculations (also for private journeys abroad).
- Audi BKK pays for house help, in case of the illness of the person who does it normally.
- Audi BKK offers prevention programs for mothers and children.
- Audi BKK bears the expenses of homoeopathic treatments with participating doctors.
- Audi BKK offers a medical health information line: + 49 800 2834255 (free within Germany).
- Audi BKK online branch is there for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: www.audibkk.de.
- Audi BKK offers additional options: premium payment (return of contribution) and deductible rate.
- Audi BKK offers attractive supplementary insurances - individual and low-priced.
- Audi BKK pays a subsidy of 13 € per day to outpatient preventative care (spa therapy).